Rena Giesecke is a PhD Researcher and ITA Fellow at the Chair for Digital Building Technologies (dbt), Institute of Technology in Architecture (ITA) at the Department of Architecture at ETH Zurich. She studied architecture in Germany, Japan and Austria where she graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna in 2016. Rena is interested in designing new fabrication processes combining material research and new technologies as tools for creativity. Her research combines latest digital fabrication methods, 3D printing and robotic fabrication, with the ancient material glass. More specifically, she works on Robotic Color Grading of Glass and 3D Printed Molds for Glass Casting.
Position im NFS Digitale Fabrikation
Alumni: Associated Researcher
Aktuelle ArbeitsstelleITA PhD Fellow, Digital Building Technologies, ETH Zürich
3D printing sand molds for casting bespoke metal connections (2019)
- Datum: 01.01.2019
- Autoren: Mania Aghaei Meibodi, Rena Giesecke, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: Intelligent & Informed: 24th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia (CAADRIA 2019)
3D-Printed Formwork for Prefabricated Concrete Slabs (2018)
- Datum: 28.11.2018
- Autoren: Mihail-Andrei Jipa, Mania Aghaei Meibodi, Rena Giesecke, Demetris Shammas, Matthias Leschok, Mathias Bernhard, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 1st International Conference on 3D Construction Printing (3DcP)
- Bemerkungen: Conference lecture held on 28 November 2018.
Smart Slab: Computational Design and Digital Fabrication of a Lightweight Concrete Slab (2018)
- Datum: 01.01.2018
- Autoren: Mania Aghaei Meibodi, Andrei Jipa, Rena Giesecke, Demetris Shammas, Mathias Bernhard, Matthias Leschok, Konrad Graser, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 38th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA 2018)
- Bemerkungen: Paper presented on Thursday 18th October 2018.