The traditional gender bias associated with many of the constituent disciplines within the NCCR Digital Fabrication presents a unique challenge in achieving appropriately balanced recruiting and researcher engagement.
The NCCR Digital Fabrication actively strives towards gender equality within its research ranks. Its Equal Opportunities programme aims at increasing the number of women present in all research levels and to assist both women and men to be able to maintain a strong and equally supportive work/life balance. All members of the NCCR are offered support, networking and access to mentoring. Additionally the NCCR hosts specific programmes to promote our excellent women researchers, to increase their visibility as role models in their disciplines and industries, and to attract young women into research this exciting area of research.
Links to the institutions responsible for equal opportunities at our home and partner institutions:
- ETH Zurich: ETH Equal! – Office for Equal Opportunities
- EPF Lausanne: Equal Opportunities Office
- Berne University of Applied Sciences: Equal Opportunities
- Empa: Equal Opportunities
The NCCR Digital Fabrication is partnered with the following associations:
- SVIN - Schweizerische Vereinigung der Ingenieurinnen (Swiss Association of Women Engineers)
- Netzwerk Frau und SIA (Swiss Network of Women Architects and Engineers)