Arnesh Das joined the group of Physical Chemistry of Building Materials as a PhD researcher in September 2018. His research is based on the topic of digital fabrication with concrete. He graduated from Delhi Technological University, India with a Bachelors in Civil Engineering in 2016. He completed his Masters in Civil Engineering with a focus on construction materials from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA in 2018. During his Masters, he was in the group of Prof David A. Lange and worked on the air void characterization of foamed cement and air-entrained concrete.
Arnesh is studying the hydration control of binary/ternary cements for layered extrusion. Another part of his work is focused on the frost resistance of 3D printed concrete whereby the goal is to develop a better understanding about the mechanisms of stability and instability of air voids when subjected to different processing conditions.
Role in the NCCR Digital Fabrication
Ternary cements and potential admixtures for digital fabrication with concrete
- Date: 01.07.2022
- Authors: Arnesh Das, Dr. Lex Reiter, Dr. Sara Mantellato, Prof. Dr. Robert Flatt
- Event: 5th International Conference on Calcium Aluminates (2022)
- Notes: Conference lecture held on July 18, 2022. Conference postponed due to Corona virus (COVID-19), rescheduled from June 1–3, 2020 to July 26–28, 2021, and again to July 18–20, 2022.
- Date: 01.01.2019
- Authors: Arnesh Das, Dr. Lex Reiter, Dr. Timothy Wangler, Prof. Dr. Robert Flatt
- Event: 2nd International RILEM Conference on Rheology and Processing of Construction Materials (RheoCon2 2019) and 9th International RILEM Symposium on Self-Compacting Concrete (SCC9 2019)
- Notes: Conference lecture held on September 11, 2019