Prof. Joseph Choma
Joseph Choma is the Founder and Director of the Design Topology Lab, an Associate Professor of Architecture at Clemson University, and a NCCR Digital Fabrication Researcher in Residence at the ETH Zurich. He is the author of 'Morphing: A Guide to Mathematical Transformations for Architects and Designers' (Laurence King Publishing, 2015), 'Études for Architects' (Routledge, 2018) and 'The Philosophy of Dumbness' (ORO Editions, 2020). He has received awards from both the American Institute of Architects and the American Composites Manufacturers Association. His recent material explorations have been noted by CompositesWorld Magazine as “spearheading research into the use of foldable composites."
Role in the NCCR Digital Fabrication
- Morphing: A Guide to Mathematical Transformations for Architects and Designers by Joseph Choma
- Études for Architects by Joseph Choma
- The Philosophy of Dumbness by Joseph Choma
- Joseph Choma explains why folding is important to the field of architecture
- CompositesWorld Magazine interviews Joseph Choma