Dr. Aleksandra Anna Apolinarska
Aleksandra Anna (Ania) Apolinarska is a postdoctoral researcher at Gramazio Kohler Research (GKR) with strong interests in computational design, complex geometries, and digital fabrication.
She holds a Doctor of Sciences degree from ETH Zurich, completed 2018, with research on novel timber structures enabled by computational design and robotic assembly.
Previously, she gathered vast experience in development of geometrically complex buildings through several years of international professional career.
My research focuses on complex, non-standard discrete assemblies such as timber frame and plate structures. This entails development of design strategies and tools to navigate complex interrelations between i.a. geometry, structural performance, assembly sequence and fabrication constraints.
Role in the NCCR Digital Fabrication
Spatial Timber Structures
Automatic Assembly of Jointed Timber Structure using Distributed Robotic Clamps (2021)
- Date: 01.01.2021
- Authors: Victor Leung, Dr. Aleksandra Anna Apolinarska, Davide Tanadini, Prof. Fabio Gramazio, Prof. Matthias Kohler
- Event: 26th International Conference of the Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia: Projections (CAADRIA 2021) (virtual)
- Notes: Conference lecture held on March 30, 2021. Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the conference was conducted virtually.
DFAB House: A comprehensive demonstrator of digital fabrication in architecture (2020)
- Date: 06.04.2020
- Authors: Konrad Graser, Marco Baur, Dr. Aleksandra Anna Apolinarska, Prof. Dr. Kathrin Dörfler, Prof. Dr. Norman Hack, Andrei Jipa, Prof. Dr. Ena Lloret-Fritschi, Dr. Timothy Sandy, Daniel Sanz-Pont, Prof. Dr. Daniel Hall, Prof. Matthias Kohler
- Event: Fabricate 2020 (virtual)
- Notes: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) the conference was conducted virtually.