Rena Giesecke is a Program Manager for Expert Insights at the Holcim Foundation for Sustainable Construction where she oversees the global expert network in industry and academia. Prior to this position, Rena received the ITA Fellowship from the Institute of Technology in Architecture and worked as a Doctoral Researcher at the Chair for Digital Building Technologies at ETH Zurich. During this time, she was involved in a range of construction projects that employ new technologies, robotic fabrication, 3D printing, and material innovation for construction. Rena has gained international experience in offices and universities in Germany, Japan, Austria, and France. Her knowledge spans cutting-edge technologies, artistic practices, and sustainable architecture.
Role in the NCCR Digital Fabrication
Alumni: Associated Researcher
Current positionITA PhD Fellow, Digital Building Technologies, ETH Zürich
3D printing sand molds for casting bespoke metal connections (2019)
- Date: 01.01.2019
- Authors: Mania Aghaei Meibodi, Rena Giesecke, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: Intelligent & Informed: 24th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia (CAADRIA 2019)
3D-Printed Formwork for Prefabricated Concrete Slabs (2018)
- Date: 28.11.2018
- Authors: Mihail-Andrei Jipa, Mania Aghaei Meibodi, Rena Giesecke, Demetris Shammas, Matthias Leschok, Mathias Bernhard, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 1st International Conference on 3D Construction Printing (3DcP)
- Notes: Conference lecture held on 28 November 2018.
Smart Slab: Computational Design and Digital Fabrication of a Lightweight Concrete Slab (2018)
- Date: 01.01.2018
- Authors: Mania Aghaei Meibodi, Andrei Jipa, Rena Giesecke, Demetris Shammas, Mathias Bernhard, Matthias Leschok, Konrad Graser, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 38th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA 2018)
- Notes: Paper presented on Thursday 18th October 2018.