Photo: Yoana Taseva, Nik Eftekhar: LARGE-SCALE 3D PRINTING FOR FUNCTIONALLY-GRADED FACADE
Matthias Leschok is a Ph.D. Researcher at the chair for Digital Building Technologies (dbt), ETH Zurich. He received his architectural degree, with distinction, from the KIT in 2015 where he worked as the head of the Digital Workshop until 2016. In 2017 he graduated from the MAS in Architecture and Digital Fabrication at the ETH Zurich. Currently, he is a Ph.D. candidate within the NCCR dfab, with a focus on AM facades. In parallel, he is a Training Manager and Consultant at the German 3D printing company German RepRap Gmbh.
Building skins are a crucial factor for the quality of the interior climate and the energy consumption of buildings. Being able to integrate multiple systems already at the material and fabrication level will cause a paradigm shift in building construction, finally leading to more sustainable and economical solutions.
Role in the NCCR Digital Fabrication
Integrative Facade Systems
3D printing facades: Design, fabrication, and assessment methods (2023)
- Date: 01.08.2023
- Authors: Matthias Leschok, Ina Cheibas, Valeria Piccioni, Bharath Seshadri, Prof. Dr. Arno Schlüter, Prof. Fabio Gramazio, Prof. Matthias Kohler, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
Tuning the Solar Performance of Building Facades through Polymer 3D Printing: Toward Bespoke Thermo‐Optical Properties (2023)
- Date: 24.03.2023
- Authors: Valeria Piccioni, Matthias Leschok, Lars O. Grobe, Stephen Wasilewski, Bharath Seshadri, Illias Hischier, Prof. Dr. Arno Schlüter
Exploring the potential of equilibrium-based methods in additive manufacturing: the Digital Bamboo pavilion (2022)
- Date: 01.01.2022
- Authors: Davide Tanadini, Patrick Ole Ohlbrock, Marirena Kladeftira, Matthias Leschok, Eleni Skevaki, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger, Pierluigi D'Acunto
- Event: Annual Symposium of the International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures (IASS 2022)
Redefining Polyhedral Space Through 3D Printing (2021)
- Date: 01.01.2021
- Authors: Marirena Kladeftira, Eleni Skevaki, Matthias Leschok, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 2020 Advances in Architectural Geometry Conference (AAG 2020)
- Notes: Conference lecture held on April 29, 2021. The conference should have taken place in Paris on August 30 - September 2, 2020. Due to Corona virus (COVID-19) the conference was rescheduled to April 26-29, 2021 and was conducted virtually.
Large-Scale 3D Printing for Functionally-Graded Facade (2020)
- Date: 01.01.2020
- Authors: Yoana Taseva, Nik Eftekhar Olivo, Hyunchul Kwon, Matthias Leschok, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 25th International Conference of the Association for Computer-Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia (CAADRIA 2020)
Dissolvable 3DP Formwork (2019)
- Date: 01.01.2019
- Authors: Matthias Leschok, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 39th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture: Ubiquity and Autonomy (ACADIA 2019)
3D-Printed Formwork for Prefabricated Concrete Slabs (2018)
- Date: 28.11.2018
- Authors: Mihail-Andrei Jipa, Mania Aghaei Meibodi, Rena Giesecke, Demetris Shammas, Matthias Leschok, Mathias Bernhard, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 1st International Conference on 3D Construction Printing (3DcP)
- Notes: Conference lecture held on 28 November 2018.
Smart Slab: Computational Design and Digital Fabrication of a Lightweight Concrete Slab (2018)
- Date: 01.01.2018
- Authors: Mania Aghaei Meibodi, Andrei Jipa, Rena Giesecke, Demetris Shammas, Mathias Bernhard, Matthias Leschok, Konrad Graser, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 38th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA 2018)
- Notes: Paper presented on Thursday 18th October 2018.