Photo: Yoana Taseva, Nik Eftekhar: LARGE-SCALE 3D PRINTING FOR FUNCTIONALLY-GRADED FACADE
Matthias Leschok is a Ph.D. Researcher at the chair for Digital Building Technologies (dbt), ETH Zurich. He received his architectural degree, with distinction, from the KIT in 2015 where he worked as the head of the Digital Workshop until 2016. In 2017 he graduated from the MAS in Architecture and Digital Fabrication at the ETH Zurich. Currently, he is a Ph.D. candidate within the NCCR dfab, with a focus on AM facades. In parallel, he is a Training Manager and Consultant at the German 3D printing company German RepRap Gmbh.
Building skins are a crucial factor for the quality of the interior climate and the energy consumption of buildings. Being able to integrate multiple systems already at the material and fabrication level will cause a paradigm shift in building construction, finally leading to more sustainable and economical solutions.
Role in the NCCR Digital Fabrication
Integrative Facade Systems
- Date: 01.01.2021
- Authors: Marirena Kladeftira, Eleni Skevaki, Matthias Leschok, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 2020 Advances in Architectural Geometry Conference (AAG 2020)
- Notes: Conference lecture held on April 29, 2021. The conference should have taken place in Paris on August 30 - September 2, 2020. Due to Corona virus (COVID-19) the conference was rescheduled to April 26-29, 2021 and was conducted virtually.
- Date: 01.01.2018
- Authors: Mania Aghaei Meibodi, Andrei Jipa, Rena Giesecke, Demetris Shammas, Mathias Bernhard, Matthias Leschok, Konrad Graser, Prof. Benjamin Dillenburger
- Event: 38th Annual Conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA 2018)
- Notes: Paper presented on Thursday 18th October 2018.