Dr. Jaime Mata Falcón
Jaime Mata-Falcón is senior assistant at the Chair of Concrete Structures and Bridge Design of ETH Zurich, where he joined as a postdoctoral researcher in 2015. After he had worked for two years as a structural engineer, in 2009 he completed his master’s degree in civil engineering at the Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain. He then specialized himself with a master’s degree in concrete engineering. In 2015, he obtained his doctorate from the Polytechnic University of Valencia with a dissertation on the crack behaviour of dapped-end concrete beams. During his doctorate, Jaime also worked in the Structural Concrete Laboratory at EPF Lausanne on the domain of Elastic-Plastic Stress Fields. In April 2016, Jaime Mata-Falcón joined the NCCR Digital Fabrication to address the structural integrity of the reinforced concrete technologies.
Jaime collaborates with other NCCR projects on structural integrity aspects in order to i) fulfil building code requirements, ii) validate the technologies by experimental testing and iii) identify potential for demonstrators and technology transfer. He also supervises other PhD researchers working on structural integrity of concrete structures.
Role in the NCCR Digital Fabrication
- Date: 01.01.2020
- Authors: Joris Burger, Dr. Ena Lloret-Fritschi, Nizar Taha, Fabio Scotto, Thibault Demoulin, Dr. Jaime Mata Falcón, Prof. Fabio Gramazio, Prof. Matthias Kohler, Prof. Dr. Robert Flatt
- Event: 2nd RILEM International Conference on Concrete and Digital Fabrication (Digital Concrete 2020) (virtual)
- Date: 01.09.2018
- Authors: Dr. Ena Lloret-Fritschi, Fabio Scotto, Prof. Fabio Gramazio, Prof. Matthias Kohler, Konrad Graser, Dr. Timothy Wangler, Dr. Lex Reiter, Prof. Dr. Robert Flatt, Dr. Jaime Mata Falcón
- Event: 1st RILEM International Conference on Concrete and Digital Fabrication (Digital Concrete 2018)
- Date: 01.03.2017
- Authors: Prof. Dr. Norman Hack, Dr. Timothy Wangler, Dr. Jaime Mata Falcón, Prof. Dr. Kathrin Dörfler, Dr. Nitish Kumar, Alexander Nikolas Walzer, Konrad Graser, Dr. Lex Reiter, Heinz Richner, Prof. Dr. Jonas Buchli, Prof. Dr. Walter Kaufmann, Prof. Dr. Robert Flatt, Prof. Fabio Gramazio, Prof. Matthias Kohler
- Event: Second Concrete Innovation Conference (2nd CIC)
- Notes: Presented on March 7, 2017. Conference paper only available online.
+41 44 633 31 63