Prof. Dr. Walter Kaufmann
Walter Kaufmann is the Chair of Structural Engineering at ETH Zurich, Switzerland. Before he studied at the Department of Civil Engineering at ETH Zurich where he received his diploma in 1992. He got his doctorate in 1998 with a dissertation on the load-deformation behaviour of structural concrete subjected to in-plane shear and normal forces, which was awarded the ETH-Medal. He then continued at ETH Zurich as a research associate and lecturer. From 1999 to 2002 he was a project manager and technical director with the renowned bridge designer Prof. Juan José Arenas in Santander, Spain. After his return to Switzerland, he joined the engineering firm dsp Ingenieure & Planer, where he became a partner in 2005 and acted as CEO until his appointment at ETH Zurich in May 2014. Walter Kaufmann joined the NCCR Digital Fabrication as an associated investigator in 2016. Since 2018 he is one of the NCCR’s principal investigators.
- Nathalie Reckinger: Mesh Mould Prefabrication
- Seraina Buholzer
- Dr. Marius Weber: Mesh Mould Prefabrication
- Dr. Ena Lloret-Fritschi: Research Stream 2A: Mouldless Shaping of Concrete Elements
- Dr. Jaime Mata Falcón: Structural Integrity
- Patrick Bischof: Rethinking Structural Concrete for DFAB
- Minu Lee: Concrete Structures with Integrated Flexible Formworks
- Lukas Gebhard: Reinforcement strategies for digitally fabricated concrete
- Prof. Dr. Karel Thoma: n.n.
- Date: 01.03.2017
- Authors: Prof. Dr. Norman Hack, Dr. Timothy Wangler, Dr. Jaime Mata Falcón, Prof. Dr. Kathrin Dörfler, Dr. Nitish Kumar, Alexander Nikolas Walzer, Konrad Graser, Dr. Lex Reiter, Heinz Richner, Prof. Dr. Jonas Buchli, Prof. Dr. Walter Kaufmann, Prof. Dr. Robert Flatt, Prof. Fabio Gramazio, Prof. Matthias Kohler
- Event: Second Concrete Innovation Conference (2nd CIC)
- Notes: Presented on March 7, 2017. Conference paper only available online.